Floral Friday - How long?

Friday, 27 April 2012

The question of the week has been "how long?", before you start sniggering it isn't referring to anything rude its referencing that fact that I am getting married in 3 weekends time - yikes! People like to give me the count down in days, days left at work and in a run down of jobs I have yet to complete. Considering I'm not the most laid back of people, I'm doing pretty well in curbing my freakouts (but I think there might be one brewing). For the first time ever I have stopped worrying about the things I can't control and enjoyed the little moments that come with planning such a major milestone; the look on my little niece's face as she saw her bridesmaid dress, hearing about my best friends & sisters secret meet ups whilst hen weekend planning and my dad going out for dinner with Dan and his friends as one of the boys (my family is mainly female). They have been so special and I will treasure them as much as the big day itself. I hope you like this weeks flower, I found it on the pavement and fell in love with its beautiful colour and layers of orderly petals. Its just a simple thing but reminds me to notice the the small everyday details that don't cost a penny but bring infinite happiness. Have a great weekend, I'll be back in my corsage factory.



6 comments:

  1. congrats on your upcoming wedding, i know it can be stressful right about now, trying to tie up all of the loose ends. i hope when the big day comes your vision has come to life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures!

    I hope you are having a great weekend. Stop by our blog and enter our Giveaway for a personalized necklace by Sima.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a fantastic wedding! That's so cool you are getting married around the same time as Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere! You must be so excited! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting. I remember the anticipation leading up to my wedding. Congrats!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my!! you must be so excited!!!! cant wait for the pictures and wedding prepp ;)

    love K

    ReplyDelete

Lotts and Lots | Making the everyday beautiful All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover