DIY - Chanel Pearl Clips

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Its that time of the month when I bring you a designer DIY, I have so much fun with these, if there is anything you would like me to try please drop me an email, tweet, pin, or instagram. So this month I have been inspired by the always fabulous Chanel, I have chosen their pearl hairclips as I read in a magazine that they were around £80 (I guess for that you get the interlocking C's and quality product) but for 80p you can DIY it. My go-to hair is always a messy bun so I thought these would jazz things up a treat, alternatively they'd be great for any chic bride, bridesmaid or guest at this summers up coming weddings. A tutorial is below, happy making! 
Image - Style.com
For this you'll need fine gauge wire, kirby grips and pearls (I used a mix of sizes and colours). 
First wrap your wire tightly at the base of the grip, leaving an "end" free. Then thread your pearl through the wire. Wrap the wire tightly around the grip, I wrapped back towards my pearl so there wasn't too much extra wire showing. Snip off the ends and your done. 

8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty and feminine! Love that you DIY'ed your own version! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nnenna - Thanks so much for your comments - glad you like, I hope you will be giving them a try. I think they'll look great in bright colours too.

      Delete
  2. I'm not just saying this to say this - but this is honestly an amazing DIY. I am not very DIY savvy although I love to dream that I am but I think I can't not give this one a try - love it. So great you gave it a try then shared it :)

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, I try and do a mix of DIY's, some easier/less time consuming than others. This is a great one as you don't have to be too crafty and you probably have the stuff at home.

      Let me know if you give it a go.
      Lotts x

      Delete
  3. Wow thank you for posting this! It's such a cute DIY project!

    161cm.com

    joanne.choi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne - simple and effective I hope its inspired you to make some too.

      Delete
  4. Hi gorgeous!
    so glad I found your cute, amazing, well structured and interesting blog while peeking at others' blogs! I really identify myself with it - I love beautiful things! I'd like to invite you to meet mine as well and hope you'll follow it if it pleases you. I'm definitely following yours!
    wish you lots of success
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aida - Thanks so much for your lovely comments, it really makes my day! Will definitely check your blog out.
    Lotts x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover