Recycled jewels

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

I used to be quite a dress maker, when I had the time I would quickly wizz up a skirt for the weekends shenanigans, no problem. As much as I still get enormous pleasure for using my sewing machine I find the quick results of jewellery making equally satisfying. I never throw a piece of jewellery away as I know that someday I'll be able to give it a new lease of life . This necklace I made up a few weeks ago is a perfect example of combining old bits and pieces and making them into something shiny and new (see previous example here). I hope you're inspired to do the same,
I begin by laying out all my materials to test out the colour palette - I find a mix of similar tones works best
Pots of beads - mix in beads from your existing collections
Thread, bead, twist and loop until you are satisfied with the overall look 
The finished piece, I added a long piece of ribbon so I can wear at different lengths. 

2 comments:

  1. Another great DIY!! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your comments are always really appreciated! I have just had a delivery of craft supplies today so there's plenty more where this came from..! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover