Afternoon tea: Hotel Missoni

Sunday, 12 February 2012

It seems like a life time ago that I was sat in the lush surroundings of the Hotel Missoni but in fact it was only this time last Sunday. Whilst in Edinburgh my friend and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with an Italian twist, considering what a tea addict I am I have never been out to a proper afternoon tea, the cost and the fact that you have to book about four years in advance always puts me off. Tea at the Hotel Missoni had none of these issues I did book but I think we could have turned up, it was delicious and perfectly portioned for two. Aside from the cakes the high light for me was all the design elements from the tea sets to the menu's and even the doormen's kilts everything had the gorgeous Missoni touch, whilst I certainly can't afford something the clothing range, tea at about £20 was a decadent but reasonable way to whittle away a few hours. If you are ever in Edinburgh I certainly recommend popping in. 
 Yum - selection of mini cakes
Scrummy - scones and Italian jam (of course I kept the jars)
A few cocktails to finish, not included in the tea but it would have been rude not to. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover